- Full Name: United Kingdom
- Population: 63.106 million (UN, 2013)
- Capital: London
- Area: 243,610 sq km
- Major language: English
- International dialing code: +44 (0044)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (£) (GBP) 1GBP = 97.31 INR
- Largest Cities: London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Cardiff.
Why Study in the United Kingdom (UK)?
- Made up of four countries- England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom is a very popular study destination for Indian students.
- The UK has more than 100 universities and around 165 higher education institutions including universities and colleges.
- With ancient and traditional universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, University College London to modern universities, the UK offers something for every students in a variety of subject areas.
- Taught Master courses are only for 1 year. You do not need 16 years of education to pursue a Masters degree in most subjects.
- Most undergraduate (bachelors) degrees are for 3 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Scotland has some excellent universities, a different education system than the rest of the UK and a 4 year undergraduate degree.