Late Registration Fee
: Rs 13,625/-
: 2 Years
: Credit Card, Debit or Bank.
: Online based test
Documents required on test date
: Valid Passport
: 5 Working days
Free Score reporting
Conducted all through the year
Total Exam time :
The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is an English Language test designed to assess the readiness of non-native English speakers to participate in a university-level English language instruction program. Universities in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, amongst others, accept PTE Academic.
It was created by Pearson Language Tests part of the Pearson PLC group and endorsed by GMAC® (Graduate Management Admission Council), owners of GMAT® (Graduate Management Admission Test).
It is a computer-based exam, which focuses on real-life English used in academic surroundings. Throughout the test, students will listen to a variety of accents and academic language encountered at higher education institutions in English speaking countries.
Speaking and Writing – These modules assess all communications skills of a test taker.
Speaking and Writing
Test Scores are available online usually within 5 business days from taking the test. Test taker can report scores to any number of institutions for free. Selected institutions can retrieve scores online usually within 48 hours
WHAT IS PTE?
PTE Academic - listening, reading, speaking and writing
It is a Computer based test – You do not need special computer skills to take the test but should be able to use a QWERTY keyboard.
It’s a 3 hour exam.
The score range is 10 to 90 points.
PART 1: SPEAKING & WRITING (77 – 93 MINUTES)
- Personal Introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- One sentence
- Essay (20mins)
PART 2: READING (32 – 41 MINUTES)
- Multiple choice questions (x2)
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks (x2)
- A ten minute break is optional
PART 3: LISTENING (45 – 57 MINUTES)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice x2
- Fill the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
WHAT DOES PTE STAND FOR?
- PTE stands for Pearson’s Test of English.
WHAT IS THE EXAM FEE?
- The exam fee in India is 10,900 INR.
ARE THERE ANY EMERGENCY DATES AVAILABLE?
- In case of any emergency, you can book your exam for the nearest available date by paying a late fee. In this case, the exam fee is 13,625 INR
WHERE IS THIS EXAM CONDUCTED?
- The PTE test is conducted in authorised PTE centres in almost every major city in India. They include Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jalandhar, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patiala, Pune, Rajkot & Vijayawada.
WHAT IS THE ACCEPTABLE ID TO CARRY FOR THE TEST?
- If you are taking the exam in India, you should carry your original passport with you to the test.
I WANT TO TAKE PTE TEST TO MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA. IS THERE A PTE GENERAL TEST?
- As of now, there is only one PTE exam. It’s called PTE Academic. Irrespective of the purpose (immigration or academic) you have to take the PTE Academic exam.
DO ALL UNIVERSITIES ACCEPT THE TEST?
- PTE test is accepted by many universities all over the world. Pearson is working on extending the acceptance of this test. Hence, the PTE web link www.pearsonpte.com/test-takers/accepts/is the best place to learn more about acceptance.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE OR QUALIFICATION TO TAKE THE TEST?
- There are no educational requirements to take the PTE test. The candidates have to be at least 16 years old to take the exam. Candidates under 18 have to submit a consent form from their parents.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE CANDIDATES ARE LATE TO THE EXAM?
- If you arrive at the centre with in the first 15 minutes of the test, you will be allowed to take the full exam. Make sure – you contact the customer service team and let them know that you are going to be late. But, if you are late beyond the 15mins grace period, you lose your fee and will not be allowed to take your test.
HOW DO I BOOK A PTE DATE?
- To book the PTE date, you will have to create a profile on the pearsonpte.com website. Later you can sign in, select your test date and book it.
CAN I CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE MY PTE EXAM?
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I GIVE THE PTE EXAM?
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts. You can take the test as many times you want. But, you can book your next exam date only after you’ve received your score from the previous test.
HOW LONG IS THE PTE TEST VALID?
- The PTE test is valid up to 2 years from the date of the exam
IS THIS A SECURE TEST?
- Very much! We take palm vein scans to ensure this!
CAN I REGISTER AT THE TEST CENTRE?
- No, this facility is not available. Visit First Academy to help you.
WHEN IS THE PTE EXAM CONDUCTED?
WHERE DO WE GET THE BEST COACHING FOR PTE?
- First Academy- of course!
MY PASSPORT IS EXPIRED? CAN I TAKE THE PTE TEST?
WHEN SHOULD I REACH THE EXAM CENTRE?
At least 30mins in advance- to allow time for checking the ID, getting your sign digitally, taking your picture and scanning your palm
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY COMPUTER GIVES ME TROUBLE?
Raise your hand and inform the administrator they will sort the issue and report it?
WHAT FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE WHEN I TAKE THE EXAM?
You are provided with an erasable note board booklet to take notes. You may request another booklet if need be. But, you are not allowed to take any of these pages to home.
CAN I CORRECT MY ANSWERS?
Yes! As long as you are in the same task answers can be changed. This is however not true in the case of speaking. You cannot re-record your response. You should start speaking within the first three seconds, else the computer will stop recording.
WHO EVALUATES THE PTE EXAM?
The PTE test is totally corrected by a computer an algorithm to correct. There is no human interference at any point.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM SCORE IN PTE?
The maximum score that can be achieved in PTE is 90
HOW DIFFICULT IS PTE IN COMPARISON TO IELTS AND TOEFL?
IELTS, PTE and TOEFL are all English tests and are of the same level of difficulty.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM SCORE IN PTE?
The scoring range for PTE exam is between 10 and 90. Hence, the lowest score is 10.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE THE SCORES?
The test is evaluated in 5 working days.
HOW CAN I VIEW MY SCORES?
Scores are available at www.pearsonvue.com/pte
HOW CAN I SEND MY SCORES TO INSTITUTIONS?
You can send your scores to the universities from your Pearson account.
Click send scores.
Search universities (up to 7).
Click next to see summary.
CAN I APPLY FOR RE-EVALUATION?
Yes ! You can apply for revaluation. This has to be done before 14 calendar days of you receiving your scores. If your scores in overall communicative skills or any enabling skills scores change, the re-evaluation fee will be refunded. If you have scheduled another test or have already sent your scores to any university, you cannot apply for revaluation. As PTE is evaluated by a computer it is very unlikely that the scores will improve.
IS THERE ANY EXTRA FEE TO SEND SCORES TO THE UNIVERSITIES?
This service is absolutely free of charge.
WHEN WILL THE INSTITUTIONS RECEIVE MY SCORES?
In 48 hours.
CAN I SELECT WHICH SCORES (PREVIOUS OR RECENT) I WANT TO SEND?